The event will take place over the course of a few hours with music, empowerment, and of course the 5k.
Cervivor has been such an amazing organization for me. I first experience with Cervivor was in September 2015 when I was able to attend a Cervivor School in San Diego. I have been super vested ever since. Cervivor helped me to organize myself and continues to give me the support to be an impactful active advocate.
I am so thrilled to be able to share this amazing organization and event with my family, friends, and hometown.
Do you want to help out?
- It would be great if you would sign up for the Pap Rally & 5k. You can sign up here to participate in the 5k. Don't be scared off my the fact that it is a 5k. You can run, walk, or jog. You could even just hang out at the Pap Rally. Signing up includes some goodies while supplies last so be sure to get signed up!
- Start a team and recruit participants.
- Post the flyer at your work, gym, school, library, anywhere you can think of!
- Share this post on social media so the word gets out.
- Come out and support Cervivor!
I am really looking forward to seeing you all at the event!
There is also a Cervivor School which will be held in Louisville August 19-21. This event is open to cervical cancer survivors or patients as well as women living with HPV. It is free for women in the Kentucky area and it will be an amazing, empowering, experience. Here is more information about Cervivor School. You can find the link to sign up here for Cervivor School Louisville.
I'm available to answer any questions you might have about either of these amazing opportunities!
Here is the information about the event, straight from the Cervivor website:
Cervivor School is for cervical cancer patients and survivors 25 years or older who are motivated to advocate for HPV and cervical cancer awareness as well as create meaningful relationships with other survivors and experts in the field; all to ultimately change the future of women’s health.
The event will be led by global cervical cancer advocate Tamika Felder, founder of Cervivor. As a 15-year Cervivor (cervical cancer survivor + passionate advocate) she is dedicated to empowering women around the world, giving them the tools needed to share the authenticity of their cervical cancer stories.
At Cervivor School you’ll get:
– essential knowledge about HPV, cervical cancer, and cancer prevention;
– training in impactful storytelling so you can share your experiences with confidence and authenticity;
– support from and bonding with other women who have been right where you are; and
– access to experts in areas such as media, advocacy, scientific research, healthcare, communications, psychology, and therapy.
As a graduate of Cervivor School, you’ll be on your way to becoming a Cervivor Ambassador; committed to using your voice to advocate for the cervical cancer movement and fostering positive relationships with other Cervivor Sisters.
Cervivor School Louisville will start with dinner and reception at 6:00 on Friday, August 19th at Birracibo Restaurant in downtown Louisville. Saturday and Sunday will be spent at The Muhammad Ali Center. Cervivor has a block of rooms right next door at The Galt House – in the heart of Louisville! To reserve your room at the group rate ($124), please call 1-800-The-Galt (1-800-843-4258) and identify yourself as a part of Cervivor School group by July 20!
If you’d like help with funding your way to Cervivor School, please consider using this site to do so! https://www.crowdrise.com/cervivor-school-kentucky/fundraiser/tamikaandfriendsinc. If further assistance is needed, please contact email@example.com.
Don’t hesitate to register! We’ll get back to you with specifics such as addresses, attire, agenda and more!
Please go to www.cervivor.org for more information about our wonderful organization!
Friday, August 19, 2016 at 6:00 PM – Sunday, August 21, 2016 at 6:00 PM (EDT)
The Muhammad Ali Center – 144 N 6th St, Louisville, KY 40202