I am still not released to work until we discuss further treatment options but I was able to go in today and get some work done. That helped me keep my mind off of everything going on. I was fully anticipating that the cancer was still present and figured if it wasn't I would be pleasantly surprised. Today wasn't as bad as I anticipate the next few days of waiting will be.
I have started the process of researching side effects for radiation, since that is the only treatment I haven't had and do not know much about. There is such a wide variety of experiences people have with radiation it is hard to tell how my body would handle it. I am really looking forward to the doctor's opinion. I do know that if we go the carbo/taxol/avastin route I am going to ask for the full dose. They cut my dosage starting with round 4 due to the fact I was hospitalized during round 2 and round 3, however I ended up being hospitalized after round 4 and round 5 anyway so I would prefer to get the higher dose and chance a hospital stay. We will see how it goes. Time to work on a list of questions for my doctor on Monday.
Looking forward to Monday and having more direction.
I also wanted to thank our school community organization for meeting and working to setup this support site for my family. We weren't able to go to any swimming or outdoor water fun this summer as a family because I had the nephrostomy tube and couldn't get in the water. We went, so my son could swim but he really wanted Mommy to get in too. His one request has been that we go to the indoor water park once the tube came out and Anna and Jessie worked to set this site up to help support that: http://www.youcaring.com/help-a-neighbor/support-erica-frazier-and-family-/234458