Another reason I didn’t share it is that I was scared. I was scared of what others might think. I was scared I might not complete it all. Mostly, I was scared to think in any capacity about my future. I have decided three things: if people think negatively about this I don’t need them in my life, if I don’t complete it all that is okay, and finally I can’t let cancer prevent me from making future plans and/or goals. So, here is my Living Life List!
- Publish a Book
- Help Pass a Cervical Cancer Law – Check!
- Be on Live TV – Check!
- Go on a FDX
- Have an Article Published in a Magazine – Check!
- Volunteer with FD1 – Wyoming in September – Here I come!
- Go Skydiving – I am terrified of heights but I like to push myself past my comfort zone.
- Drink Around the World @ Epcot – Check! Woohoo Mallory!
- Take my family to Universal – Now that I went to Universal I am hooked. I want to take JR and Wylee! I want Wylee to be able to be fitted for a wand and have the entire Harry Potter experience.
- Spend the Night at Lego Land in Florida – this is the number one thing that Wylee continues to ask to be able to do.
- Attend CancerCon – Check!
- Go on a Cruise – scheduled for Fall Break
- Travel Outside the US – scheduled for Fall Break
- Cliff Dive
- Kayak on Luminescent Waters
- Go Parasailing
- Ride in a Helicopter – Check! Man, the view of the Vegas strip was amazing!
- Take a Cross Country Train
- Hunger Games Exhibit – Louisville
- Family Trip to DC
- Paddle a III / IV river in my kayak
- ND Football Game
- Surfing – November with Camp Koru
- Bungee Jump off a Bridge
- Rock Climbing
- Visit a Volcano
- Spend a weekend in Nashville, Indiana with my family & Mom, Jerry, sisters, brother-in-laws, niece, and nephews. I want to be able to take them horseback riding, to the indoor water park, and spend the night in a family cabin.
- Spend a weekend on vacation with my family and Pops, Iryna, and Artem. Maybe a weekend in Chicago or on a fishing excursion on the great lakes.
A friend that I met through Facebook reached out to me and asked if I would be okay with her organizing a fundraiser for my family. I told her absolutely but I wanted it to be clear that the money would be going to making memories and not to medical bills. So, at the start of June she began the campaign to raise funds that my family can use for making memories. She asked me what some things I would enjoy doing would be. It was really hard to think of things I wanted to do but hadn’t done; I think I am not creative, or I don’t think big enough? So, I worked on a wish list of things I would want to do, things to add to my Living Life List.
If you are interested Sarah is extending her fundraiser through the end of July and has had some individuals partner up with her, the link will be in the comments. There will also be a LulaRoe Fundraiser coming up soon which will have the proceeds donated.
I really ask one thing of you. Each of you reading this, can you do me one thing? Can you pick something off of your own personal list, whatever you call your list, and complete it by the end of 2017? Let me know in the comments which item off of your own list that you will be completing! I can’t wait to see all the amazing things you want to do!